Southwestern Surgery Associates
Abdominal wall hernias(ventral, incisional, umbilical)
Benign Breast Disease
Lipomas/Soft Tissue Masses
Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
Dr. Favre is board certified in general surgery. She has been in practice since 2002. As one of our breast cancer specialists, she has a cosmetic approach. She focuses on sentinel node dissection partial breast radiation catheter placement and genetic testing for BrCA1 and 2, as well as myRisk. Using state of the art equipment she performs ultrasounds and vacuum core biopsies in her office.
Trained at UT-Southwestern Dr. Favre was the first to perform Single Incision Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy in Southern Arizona. She also specializes in Laparoscopic ventral and inguinal hernia repair as well as Nissen Fundoplication and hiatal hernia repair. She is our expert at the hospital, interpreting testing such as manometry and pH testing. Dr. Favre serves as an expert consultant for Best Doctors.
Dr. Favre has kept and cherished every sentiment from her patients. To her former patients, it has been her great privilege to care for them both surgically and as people. To her future patients, she knows it can be difficult to put your health and trust in someone you’re about to meet. Please know she will provide the highest level of surgical care, also treating you like one of her family members.
- BCBS Medicare Advantage
- BCBS Neighborhood
- Care1st/ ONECare
- Care More
- Health Net
- Health Net Tricare
- Health Net Ambetter
- Humana Medicare “Humana Gold”
- Mercy Care Plan/ Mercy Care Advantage (Medicare)
- University Family Care (UFC)/ UFC Advantage (Medicare)
- United Health Care (UHC)/ Pacificare
- UHC Military & Veterans (Tricare)
- UHC Community Care (APIPA)/ APIPA Medicare
* pending credentialing / contracting
- Sentinel Node Dissection
- Cosmetic approach – Hidden Scar Certified
- Partial breast radiation catheter placement (if appropriate candidate)
- Comprehensive Genetic testing for breast cancer causing genes
- Involved in Multi-disciplinary Breast Cancer Council
- Participates in American Society of Breast Surgeons Mastery of Breast Surgery Quality Database
- First to perform Single Incision Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy in Southern Arizona (trained at UT-Southwestern)
- Performs advanced Laparoscopic hernia repairs for complex incisional, ventral, umbilical and inguinal hernias.
- Performs Advanced Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication and hiatal hernia repair (both Paraesophageal and sliding)
- Expert at hospital interpreting testing (manometry and pH impedance testing)