Originally from Tucson, Dr. Lowell attended Canyon Del Oro High School and went on to graduate from the University of Arizona. He then attended Harvard Medical School. He completed his residency at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center and his fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery at Indiana University Medical Center.
Dr. Douglas Lowell is the former Chief of Staff Elect at Tucson Medical Center, and is the Medical Director of the Thoracic Oncology Program. He is board certified in both Thoracic and General Surgery.
He joined Southwestern Surgery in 2004. He enjoys flying, skiing, go-cart racing, and spending time with his loved ones. Dr. Lowell believes that you don’t fix it if it isn’t broken.
Participating with most major health plans Dr. Lowell is accepting new patients. He is affiliated with St. Joseph’s hospital and Tucson Medical Center.
- BCBS Medicare Advantage
- BCBS Neighborhood
- Care1st/ ONECare
- Care More
- Health Net
- Health Net Tricare
- Health Net Ambetter
- Humana Medicare “Humana Gold”
- Mercy Care Plan/ Mercy Care Advantage (Medicare)
- University Family Care (UFC)/ UFC Advantage (Medicare)
- United Health Care (UHC)/ Pacificare
- UHC Military & Veterans (Tricare)
- UHC Community Care (APIPA)/ APIPA Medicare
* pending credentialing / contracting