We are currently seeking an experienced and personable Accounting Associate for our centrally located multi-specialty surgical group. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager and is responsible for the daily processing of AP/AR. A successful candidate will be a highly motivated, flexible team player with the ability to handle large volume data entry and multiple detailed tasks.
- Enters AP/AR daily
- Maintains daily manual deposits
- Enters credit card statement and validate receipts
- Processes ‘On-Call’ checks: follows-up with hospitals for non-payment
- Opens and processes daily incoming mail
- Electronically deposits all checks to bank
- Assists with payroll report upload
- Works closely with Finance Manager to balance ledgers
- Sorts, codes, verifies bills, charge slips and receipts
- Prepares and mails invoices, including cutting of the checks
- Processes 1099s at year end to appropriate vendors/contractors
- Runs AP/AR related errands
- Assists with preparing financial reports
- Answers Admin phone and emails
- Pulls checks when needed for research and follow-up
- Requires the general knowledge and comfort in using multiple computer systems and applications simultaneously. Familiarity with NetSuite preferred but not required.
- High school diploma/GED or three or more years of equivalent work experience.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats; requires ability to inspect, read, and analyze written material.
- Must be able to perform and work on multiple tasks and organize and prioritize work.
- Requires good judgment, initiative and problem-solving abilities, along with effective teamwork skills.
- Must have great interpersonal skills and have a willingness to work with strong personalities.