WE ARE ACS
Arizona Community Surgeons, PC was formed in 2006, but our Southern Arizona roots reach back for more than 40 years. The nine campuses that make up ACS today were originally separate surgical practices in Tucson. Our surgeons include multi-specialists in general surgery, orthopedic surgery and plastic surgery. ACS’s commitment today is the same as it was in 2006 – to be the premier provider of surgical services in Southern Arizona. We believe in partnering with our patients, our medical colleagues and our hospitals to provide excellent, efficient care with quality outcomes.
Clinical Systems Administrator/IT Generalist responsible for directing the clinical information systems team in the planning, implementation, upgrade, maintenance and support of all clinically related systems (NextGen and its components, MedStrat, EasyNG, etc), data, and workflows. The role also requires an interest in and general ability to support additional IT related questions and topics.
A successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of clinical information systems and workflow (NextGen). Strong written and verbal communication skills are needed to elicit information, negotiate, resolve problems and garner support. Project management experience is a plus to resolve critical problems, coordinate simultaneous efforts, speed up development and improve program efficiencies. The candidate must have the abilities to resolve conflicts productively, separate problems into components and recognize underlying patterns and processes and be oriented to end-use thinking. BA/BS in information systems preferred, business or technical field, and a minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in information systems, with two years in ambulatory heath care setting.
- Maintains Clinical Information Systems (EHR – NextGen and PM – Nextgen), dictations systems, and any other clinically related systems.
- Works with vendors, customers, or other outside resources to resolve system level and end-user issues within service level agreements.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and executing system implementation/upgrade projects
- Works to protect the organization’s assets and information by maintaining secure systems. Follows organizational policies and processes surrounding access management, regulatory compliance, and others to support security and integrity of organizational and patient data.
- Works with management team to identify long-range information systems needs and establishes priorities for system upgrades and modifications in line with organizational goals.
- Assists users to identify hardware, software and procedural requirements for each department. Serves as MIS resource including solving computer issues and making recommendations to enhance information systems and promote more efficient, cost-effective clinic operations.
- Ability to support generalized IT business functions: Simple databases, reporting, etc.
- Assist with HIPAA security role including phishing education and testing. Works with vendors to ensure HIPAA compliance for all clinical applications in use.
- Serve as a focal point for business recovery and continuity planning and disaster recovery.
- Technically astute regarding supporting technologies and services: VOIP, Networking, PACS, etc.
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Working with a highly skilled, bright and ambitious team
- A chance to have a significant impact within the company
- The creative challenge and adventure of helping to grow an expanding company